Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution??? - Networking

This is a discussion on Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution??? - Networking ; Hi all. The only thing i have to do is make an intranet web server act as it were on the internet. It would be an easy virtualhost setup if i didn't have do it for multiple domains. Can you ...

  1. Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution???

    Hi all.

    The only thing i have to do is make an intranet web server act as it
    were on the internet. It would be an easy virtualhost setup if i
    didn't have do it for multiple domains.

    Can you figure out a solution that the user will never know, cause mod
    rewrite from apache will change the URL and use a perl script or php
    script to handle the socket wouldn't be nice. Also, i read that apache
    mod proxy is insecure too.

    Any hint?

  2. Re: Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution???

    On 2007-05-02, joealey2003@yahoo.com wrote:
    > were on the internet. It would be an easy virtualhost setup if i
    > didn't have do it for multiple domains.

    ServerAlias? Or mass-defined-virtual host?

    > Can you figure out a solution that the user will never know, cause mod

    With so many informations provided, I could ask my crystal ball, but
    I'm afraid it could just tell me to f$#k off...

    Davide

    --
    Helping you to shoot yourself in the foot is not in my mission statement.
    -- Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

  3. Re: Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution???

    Davide Bianchi wrote:
    > ServerAlias? Or mass-defined-virtual host?

    i did a ServerAlias on the mass defined virtual host like....

    from the Internet connected web server httpd.conf....

    ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot.....

    ServerAlias www.mydomain22.com
    DocumentRoot.....

    Now, i have to forward all the traffic for www.mydomain33.com to an
    intranet (192.168.0.1) web server in a way that the user will never
    know.

    > With so many informations provided, I could ask my crystal ball, but
    > I'm afraid it could just tell me to f$#k off...

    I asked this way cause i would like to hear a complete new solution if
    the stuffs i described like mod rewrite aren't able to do it.. Can mod
    rewrite do an internal url redirection with no proxy? That would be
    perfect, but if not, what is the solution you have?

    Davide Bianchi wrote:
    > On 2007-05-02, joealey2003@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > were on the internet. It would be an easy virtualhost setup if i
    > > didn't have do it for multiple domains.

    > ServerAlias? Or mass-defined-virtual host?
    >
    > > Can you figure out a solution that the user will never know, cause mod

    > With so many informations provided, I could ask my crystal ball, but
    > I'm afraid it could just tell me to f$#k off...
    >
    > Davide
    >
    > --
    > Helping you to shoot yourself in the foot is not in my mission statement.
    > -- Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

  4. Re: Intern apache mod rewrite URL forward or other solution???

    joealey2003@yahoo.com wrote in
    news:1178120814.737212.291390@y80g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com:

    > Davide Bianchi wrote:
    >> ServerAlias? Or mass-defined-virtual host?

    > i did a ServerAlias on the mass defined virtual host like....
    >
    > from the Internet connected web server httpd.conf....
    >

    > ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
    > DocumentRoot.....
    >

    > ServerAlias www.mydomain22.com
    > DocumentRoot.....

    > Now, i have to forward all the traffic for www.mydomain33.com to an
    > intranet (192.168.0.1) web server in a way that the user will never
    > know.

    Use an internal DNS server or host files...

+ Reply to Thread