Hi,

Is it possible to configure ssh2 server to accept ssh1 protocol? I.e.,

How to allow the sshd to verify ssh1 signature before verifying ssh2's,
just like what sourceforge.net is doing?

I've done the following changes to /etc/ssh/sshd_config [1]:

$ diff1 /etc/ssh/sshd_config~ /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Port 22
-Protocol 2,1
+Protocol 1,2
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0

but that didn't work [2].

Please help.

thanks a lot.

Tong

[1]

I'm using openssh-server v1:4.3p2-9 under Debian etch.

[2]

Correct log to ssh into sourceforge.net:

[...]
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password
debug1: Offering public key: /home/dsl/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 149

My own sshd server:

[...]
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/