Info please - Networking

This is a discussion on Info please - Networking ; On recent distro which includes the 2.6.xx kernel I met an "ISDN patch". As I write to you through ISDN it arouse my interest what IS this animal and is it worth to invest time patching it into working kernel. ...

  1. Info please

    On recent distro which includes the 2.6.xx kernel I met an "ISDN patch".
    As I write to you through ISDN it arouse my interest what IS this animal
    and is it worth to invest time patching it into working kernel.

    In simple words "What does it perform?"

    TIA

    Stanislaw
    Slack user from Ulladulla.

  2. Re: Info please

    In news:46351c71@news.comindico.com.au,
    Stanislaw Flatto wrote:

    > On recent distro which includes the 2.6.xx kernel I met an "ISDN
    > patch". As I write to you through ISDN it arouse my interest what IS
    > this animal and is it worth to invest time patching it into working
    > kernel.

    Is it worth the time to play guessing games as to which "recent distro"
    you're using?

  3. Re: Info please

    Patrick wrote:
    > In news:46351c71@news.comindico.com.au,
    > Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >

    >>On recent distro which includes the 2.6.xx kernel I met an "ISDN
    >>patch". As I write to you through ISDN it arouse my interest what IS
    >>this animal and is it worth to invest time patching it into working
    >>kernel.

    > Is it worth the time to play guessing games as to which "recent distro"
    > you're using?

    Using Slack 10.2, reading Slack 11.0, the "recenest" in my collection(s).

    Have fun

    Stanislaw
    Slack user from Ulladulla.

  4. "Errata" Re: Info please

    Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> In news:46351c71@news.comindico.com.au,
    >> Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >>

    >>> On recent distro which includes the 2.6.xx kernel I met an "ISDN
    >>> patch". As I write to you through ISDN it arouse my interest what IS
    >>> this animal and is it worth to invest time patching it into working
    >>> kernel.

    >> Is it worth the time to play guessing games as to which "recent distro"
    >> you're using?
    >>

    > Using Slack 10.2, reading Slack 11.0, the "recenest" in my collection(s).
    >
    > Have fun
    >
    > Stanislaw
    > Slack user from Ulladulla.

    The 11.0 is isos download from mirror NOT the "current" version.
    I still believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!", after 11 years in
    Linux this wisdom seeps in.

    Have fun

    Stanislaw.

  5. Re: "Errata" Re: Info please

    In news:4637cc9b$1@news.comindico.com.au,
    Stanislaw Flatto wrote:

    > I still believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!", after 11 years
    > in Linux this wisdom seeps in.

    It's by far the most common excuse used by those who are ignorant of
    security and the changes made to address such issues.

  6. Re: "Errata" Re: Info please

    Patrick wrote:
    > In news:4637cc9b$1@news.comindico.com.au,
    > Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >

    >>I still believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!", after 11 years
    >>in Linux this wisdom seeps in.

    > It's by far the most common excuse used by those who are ignorant of
    > security and the changes made to address such issues.

    "What issues?". Yet before this millenium Borland had a programming book
    to generate TSR programs(renamed 'viruses' later) and my querry was
    about technology which IS at least twice older than Linux.
    You are 101% right. After session of 1984-1995 in DOS since ver 2.11 I
    was looking for excuses to be 'ignorant'. And Win95 supplied them.
    So I bask in my 'ignorance' and enjoy it.
    "We always learn" a Hasidic proverb.

    Stanislaw

+ Reply to Thread