vsftp - unable to connect - Networking

This is a discussion on vsftp - unable to connect - Networking ; I have a simple network at home. I have my fc5 running on one pc and a win2k pc on the same network. Both are dhcp with 192...2 & 3 as their ip. I have vsftpd running on my fc5. ...

  1. vsftp - unable to connect

    I have a simple network at home. I have my fc5 running on one pc and a
    win2k pc on the same network. Both are dhcp with 192...2 & 3 as their
    ip. I have vsftpd running on my fc5. but when I try to connect from my
    win2k with 'c:\> ftp 192.168.1.3', I get an error 'ftp:connect:
    unknown error number'.
    My vsftpd config file has listen=YES. I may be missing something
    simple. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks NS

  2. Re: vsftp - unable to connect

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 05:26:21 -0700, sridhar rearranged some electrons to
    form:

    > I have a simple network at home. I have my fc5 running on one pc and a
    > win2k pc on the same network. Both are dhcp with 192...2 & 3 as their
    > ip. I have vsftpd running on my fc5. but when I try to connect from my
    > win2k with 'c:\> ftp 192.168.1.3', I get an error 'ftp:connect:
    > unknown error number'.
    > My vsftpd config file has listen=YES. I may be missing something
    > simple. Your help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks NS

    There's a lot more to the config file than just 'listen = YES'
    Do you have passive mode enabled?

    What does the vsftpd server logfile say?

    You might want to read http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

    --
    David M (dmacchiarolo)
    http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled