I'm trying to configure both iptables and iproute2 to use two WAN
interfaces on a Linux Box (debian/sparc64).

Root rayleigh:[~] > route
Table de routage IP du noyau
Destination Passerelle Genmask Indic Metric Ref Use
Iface * U 0 0 0 eth0 * U 0 0 0 eth2 * U 0 0 0 eth1
default UG 0 0 0 eth1
Root rayleigh:[~] >

This server is a gateway for my LAN (eth0) and I can send packets
from LAN workstations to eth1 or eth2. I have written some iptables
rules to dispatch traffic between eth1 and eth2 :

ip rule add from lookup backup priority 100
ip rule add fwmark 0x01 table backup priority 101
ip route add default via dev eth2 table backup
ip route flush cache
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth2/rp_filter

Root rayleigh:[~] > iptables -L -t mangle
target prot opt source destination
MARK tcp -- anywhere tcp
dpt:smtp MARK set 0x1

Thus, all smtp traffic that comes from (a LAN workstation)
goes to WAN by eth2 and not by default route eth1.

Problem : I want to configure the gateway itself to send locally
generated packet by eth2. Why ? I have tried to write some iptables
rules without any success...

Thanks in advance,