Scponly and rsync - Networking

This is a discussion on Scponly and rsync - Networking ; Hello, I managed to get everything working with scponly, rsync, scp and a chroot (it was not easy) Everything ? Not quite. I cannot use the option "--bwlimit=n" in my rsync command. I hade to modify scponly.h so that it ...

  1. Scponly and rsync

    Hello,

    I managed to get everything working with scponly, rsync, scp and a
    chroot (it was not easy)

    Everything ? Not quite. I cannot use the option "--bwlimit=n" in my
    rsync command.

    I hade to modify scponly.h so that it accepts the '=' character (and
    then recompile), so I do not get any more the error of the invalid
    character '='.

    But now I get this error in my auth.log scponly server :

    scponly[93975]: option --bwlimit=50 is not permitted for use with
    /usr/bin/scp

    and the following line : "tried to use disallowed argument"

    Here is my rsync command on the client :

    rsync -avx -e ssh -C --bwlimit=50

    What is wrong with the "--bwlimit" argument ?

    Thanks.

    Jérôme.

  2. Re: Scponly and rsync

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=E9r=F4me?= writes:

    >Hello,

    >I managed to get everything working with scponly, rsync, scp and a
    >chroot (it was not easy)

    >Everything ? Not quite. I cannot use the option "--bwlimit=n" in my
    >rsync command.

    >I hade to modify scponly.h so that it accepts the '=' character (and
    >then recompile), so I do not get any more the error of the invalid
    >character '='.

    >But now I get this error in my auth.log scponly server :

    >scponly[93975]: option --bwlimit=50 is not permitted for use with
    >/usr/bin/scp

    >and the following line : "tried to use disallowed argument"

    >Here is my rsync command on the client :

    >rsync -avx -e ssh -C --bwlimit=50

    Exactly why are using scponly?

  3. Re: Scponly and rsync

    >> Hello,

    >> I managed to get everything working with scponly, rsync, scp and a
    >> chroot (it was not easy)

    >> Everything ? Not quite. I cannot use the option "--bwlimit=n" in my
    >> rsync command.

    >> I hade to modify scponly.h so that it accepts the '=' character (and
    >> then recompile), so I do not get any more the error of the invalid
    >> character '='.

    >> But now I get this error in my auth.log scponly server :

    >> scponly[93975]: option --bwlimit=50 is not permitted for use with
    >> /usr/bin/scp

    >> and the following line : "tried to use disallowed argument"

    >> Here is my rsync command on the client :

    >> rsync -avx -e ssh -C --bwlimit=50

    > Exactly why are using scponly?

    To be able to trap the users in their chrooted environment (it is a
    shered server, so I do not want the user to browse the system). Except
    the "bwlimit", scponly just works great.

  4. Re: Scponly and rsync

    In article , iutman@hotmail.com
    says...

    > To be able to trap the users in their chrooted environment (it is a
    > shered server, so I do not want the user to browse the system). Except
    > the "bwlimit", scponly just works great.

    you could also use rssh in a chrooted env. It works fine.
    http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/

+ Reply to Thread