samba windows client sees foldes but has no right to write in folders - Networking

This is a discussion on samba windows client sees foldes but has no right to write in folders - Networking ; Hello, unfortunately the windows client does not have the right to put some data in the folders on the linux samba server. How can I change? The Windows user is the Administrator under windows 2000. The Administrator has a password ...

  1. samba windows client sees foldes but has no right to write in folders

    Hello,
    unfortunately the windows client does not have the right to put some
    data in the folders on the linux samba server. How can I change?

    The Windows user is the Administrator under windows 2000. The
    Administrator has a password under windows. There is no PDC, just a
    standalone windows 2000 and standalone linuxserver.
    Here is testparm

    linuxserver:/etc/init.d # testparm
    Can't find include file /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    Processing section "[homes]"
    Processing section "[ftp_bastian]"
    Global parameter guest account found in service section!
    Processing section "[users]"
    Processing section "[groups]"
    Processing section "[printers]"
    Processing section "[print$]"
    Processing section "[WINDOWS]"
    Processing section "[public]"
    Global parameter guest account found in service section!
    Loaded services file OK.
    WARNING: passdb expand explicit = yes is deprecated
    Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

    [global]
    workgroup = ARBEITSGRUPPE
    map to guest = Bad User
    printcap name = cups
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c Machine -d /var/lib/
    nobody -s /bin/false %m$
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
    logon drive = P:
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    os level = 2
    preferred master = No
    local master = No
    domain master = No
    hosts allow = 192.168.0.129/255.255.255.0
    cups options = raw
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

    [homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %S, %D%w%S
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
    browseable = No

    [ftp_bastian]
    comment = ftp bastian
    path = /home/bastian/ftp/
    read only = No
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    guest ok = Yes
    case sensitive = No
    wide links = No
    msdfs proxy = no

    [users]
    comment = All users
    path = /home
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
    veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/

    [groups]
    comment = All groups
    path = /home/groups
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes

    [printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/tmp
    create mask = 0600
    printable = Yes
    browseable = No

    [print$]
    comment = Printer Drivers
    path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
    write list = @ntadmin, root
    force group = ntadmin
    create mask = 0664
    directory mask = 0775

    [WINDOWS]
    path = /windows/
    read only = No
    guest ok = Yes
    case sensitive = No
    msdfs proxy = no

    [public]
    comment = Public Stuff
    path = /home/public
    read only = No
    guest ok = Yes

    Thank you
    Bastian

  2. Re: samba windows client sees foldes but has no right to write in folders

    bastian wrote:
    > Hello,
    > unfortunately the windows client does not have the right to put some
    > data in the folders on the linux samba server. How can I change?

    Map the Microsoft Windows usernames to a user account with appropriate
    privileges:

    Usernames are mapped in file /etc/samba/smbusers as follows:

    unixuser = winuser

    Note Both the Unix and Microsoft Windows usernames are entered in lowercase
    in this file.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  3. Re: samba windows client sees foldes but has no right to write in folders

    Thank you Mark,
    Now it is working.

    I modified the yast made smb.conf., shorten and cut it.

    [global]
    workgroup = ARBEITSGRUPPE
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes

    [public]
    guest ok = yes
    username = root
    path = /home/public
    public = yes
    writable = yes
    read only = no

    Then in smbusers

    root = administrator

    and finally for root I added the password to smbpasswd.

    I 'll try to figure out how I configure the samba server access with
    automatic or no password after I have tried other useful things first,
    like hylafax or some other fax solution.
    Bastian

+ Reply to Thread