wireless network - Networking

This is a discussion on wireless network - Networking ; hey there guys im a bit of a newbie to wireless networking and have a couple of questions that i could use some help with. i have a wireless router connected to my vista box and i have a wireless ...

  1. wireless network

    hey there guys

    im a bit of a newbie to wireless networking and have a couple of
    questions that i could use some help with.
    i have a wireless router connected to my vista box and i have a wireless
    media player down stairs. the media player can connect to the vista box
    and what im wondering is will the router allow me to connect to media
    player ? the adsl modem connects strait into the wan port of the router
    and my 2 computers connect into the back of the modem aswell. i want to
    be able to copy files down onto my wireless media player but vista is
    not detecting a wireless network. my other question is do i need a
    sperate wireless usb network adapter to connect to the network or will
    my d-link di-621 allow me to copy files and edit files ?

    cheers

    Trev

  2. Re: wireless network

    Trevor Dunstan trolled:

    > hey there guys
    >
    > im a bit of a newbie to wireless networking and have a couple of
    > questions that i could use some help with.
    > i have a wireless router connected to my vista box and i have a wireless
    > media player down stairs. the media player can connect to the vista box
    > and what im wondering is will the router allow me to connect to media
    > player ? the adsl modem connects strait into the wan port of the router
    > and my 2 computers connect into the back of the modem aswell. i want to
    > be able to copy files down onto my wireless media player but vista is
    > not detecting a wireless network. my other question is do i need a
    > sperate wireless usb network adapter to connect to the network or will
    > my d-link di-621 allow me to copy files and edit files ?
    >

    > cheers
    >
    > Trev

    try installing Linux first.

  3. Re: wireless network

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:36:33 +1000, Trevor Dunstan rearranged some
    electrons to form:

    > hey there guys
    >
    > im a bit of a newbie to wireless networking and have a couple of
    > questions that i could use some help with.
    > i have a wireless router connected to my vista box and i have a wireless
    > media player down stairs. the media player can connect to the vista box
    > and what im wondering is will the router allow me to connect to media
    > player ? the adsl modem connects strait into the wan port of the router
    > and my 2 computers connect into the back of the modem aswell. i want to
    > be able to copy files down onto my wireless media player but vista is
    > not detecting a wireless network. my other question is do i need a
    > sperate wireless usb network adapter to connect to the network or will
    > my d-link di-621 allow me to copy files and edit files ?
    >

    > cheers
    >
    > Trev

    This is not a Windows networking newsgroup.

    --
    David M (dmacchiarolo)
    http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

  4. Re: wireless network