Network traffic - Networking

This is a discussion on Network traffic - Networking ; Hello, I am looking for some research papers / simulation analysis which could highlight such problem: how much of generated traffic in the subnetwork is generated locally (to other hosts in that subnetwork) and how much goes to the other ...

  1. Network traffic

    Hello,

    I am looking for some research papers / simulation analysis which
    could highlight such problem: how much of generated traffic in the
    subnetwork is generated locally (to other hosts in that subnetwork)
    and how much goes to the other subnetworks. Thank you very much for
    your help!

    Regards, markus

  2. Re: Network traffic

    In news:1175801318.376350.86430@d57g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com,
    markuswroc@gmail.com wrote:

    > I am looking for some research papers / simulation analysis which
    > could highlight such problem: how much of generated traffic in the
    > subnetwork is generated locally (to other hosts in that subnetwork)
    > and how much goes to the other subnetworks.

    The results will be as varied as the networks and users involved.

  3. Re: Network traffic

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:28:38 -0700, markuswroc wrote:

    > I am looking for some research papers / simulation analysis which
    > could highlight such problem: how much of generated traffic in the
    > subnetwork is generated locally (to other hosts in that subnetwork)
    > and how much goes to the other subnetworks.

    Graph it yourself with MRTG.

    http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

    Dan

+ Reply to Thread