Odd sharing problem - Networking

This is a discussion on Odd sharing problem - Networking ; I have a lan with one Windows XP laptop and one PCLinuxos TR3 desktop. On the desktop I have two directories in my Home Directory that are shared, called Documents and Computing. the share properties are, as far as I ...

  1. Odd sharing problem

    I have a lan with one Windows XP laptop and one PCLinuxos TR3 desktop.
    On the desktop I have two directories in my Home Directory that are shared,
    called Documents and Computing. the share properties are, as far as I can
    see ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL on each directory. When I access the Documents
    directory from the Win XP laptop, I can create and delete sub-directories.
    When I access the Computing directory and try to create a sub-directory
    there, I get "access denied" and yet as I said, as far as I can see the
    share properties are EXACTLY the same for both. Can anyone suggest why I
    should have write access to one and not the other?

  2. Re: Odd sharing problem

    In comp.os.linux.networking Gordon wrote:
    > I have a lan with one Windows XP laptop and one PCLinuxos TR3 desktop.

    You posted this question elsewhere. See the followup(s) there and PLEASE
    don't post the same question multiple times.

    Chris

  3. Re: Odd sharing problem

    Chris Davies wrote:

    > You posted this question elsewhere. See the followup(s) there and PLEASE
    > don't post the same question multiple times.

    I wasn't subscribed to these groups at the time I posted elsewhere.....

+ Reply to Thread