postfix+amavis - Networking

This is a discussion on postfix+amavis - Networking ; Hello How can i set maximum size of email (attachments) which passes thru my smtp server ? I think amavis could do this, but i can't find it. Could it be done per user ? (not per server) ? Thanx ...

  1. postfix+amavis

    Hello

    How can i set maximum size of email (attachments) which passes thru my
    smtp server ?
    I think amavis could do this, but i can't find it.

    Could it be done per user ? (not per server) ?

    Thanx
    Michal

  2. Re: postfix+amavis

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:02:41 +0200, avlee wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >How can i set maximum size of email (attachments) which passes thru my
    >smtp server ?
    >I think amavis could do this, but i can't find it.
    >
    >Could it be done per user ? (not per server) ?
    >
    >Thanx
    >Michal

    It is not in amavis, it is in the AV. If that AV is Clam, then what
    you want is set in
    ArchiveMaxFileSize
    ArchiveMaxRecursion
    and especially ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 700

    Google ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio. You may want to go to 1000 with
    it.
    --
    buck

  3. Re: postfix+amavis

    :

    >> Hello
    >>
    >> How can i set maximum size of email (attachments) which passes thru my
    >> smtp server ?
    >> I think amavis could do this, but i can't find it.
    >>
    >> Could it be done per user ? (not per server) ?
    >>
    >> Thanx
    >> Michal

    > It is not in amavis, it is in the AV. If that AV is Clam, then what
    > you want is set in
    > ArchiveMaxFileSize
    > ArchiveMaxRecursion
    > and especially ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 700
    >
    > Google ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio. You may want to go to 1000 with

    thanx, but is there any way to set such limits per user
    (not per server) ?

    Thanx

  4. Re: postfix+amavis

    On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:28:06 +0200, avlee wrote:

    >thanx, but is there any way to set such limits per user
    >(not per server) ?
    >
    >Thanx

    Nope. The ClamAV settings are universal.

    You might wish to read the Postfix documentation to see if Postfix can
    set a maximum message size per user. I dunno, but I do know that it
    would have NOTHING to do with how many or how big the attachments are.
    It would just be pure message size.
    --
    buck

+ Reply to Thread