Windows Printer - Networking

This is a discussion on Windows Printer - Networking ; Hi all. I just installed Debian Linux on my laptop in order to comply with the Windows XP Home Windows EULA, and am trying to network my linux box with a windows Printer server. I have Win XP Home connected ...

  1. Windows Printer

    Hi all. I just installed Debian Linux on my laptop in order to comply with
    the Windows XP Home Windows EULA, and am trying to network my linux box
    with a windows Printer server. I have Win XP Home connected to NAT which
    estabishes a PPOE connection to DSL router. The printer is plugged into
    the XP box. I have printer sharing enabled in Windows, and even installed
    the IPX protocal. I was able to successfully view and share folders and
    printers from another Windows box plugged into the same plug on router.

    When trying to install the printer using the KDE Control Center ad printer
    wizard and attempting to use Samba, I'm able to see my computer, but when I
    attempt to explore my computer for shared folders and printers it says
    Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

    I'm able to successfully detect the printer as a TCP Network printer through
    the add printer wizard, and when I attempt that I'm asked for
    authorization, and am able to authenticate as root. However, nothing
    prints. Not a thing.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to be able to print to my
    printer plugged into my Windows box through Linux. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Will

    --
    In a world with no walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates.

  2. Re: Windows Printer

    William wrote:

    > Hi all. I just installed Debian Linux on my laptop in order to comply
    > with the Windows XP Home Windows EULA, and am trying to network my linux
    > box
    > with a windows Printer server. I have Win XP Home connected to NAT which
    > estabishes a PPOE connection to DSL router. The printer is plugged into
    > the XP box. I have printer sharing enabled in Windows, and even installed
    > the IPX protocal. I was able to successfully view and share folders and
    > printers from another Windows box plugged into the same plug on router.
    >
    > When trying to install the printer using the KDE Control Center ad printer
    > wizard and attempting to use Samba, I'm able to see my computer, but when
    > I attempt to explore my computer for shared folders and printers it says
    > Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
    >
    > I'm able to successfully detect the printer as a TCP Network printer
    > through the add printer wizard, and when I attempt that I'm asked for
    > authorization, and am able to authenticate as root. However, nothing
    > prints. Not a thing.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to be able to print to
    > my
    > printer plugged into my Windows box through Linux. Thanks.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Will

    I forgot to mention. Just in case it makes a difference, it's a Canon BJC
    3000
    --
    In a world with no walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates.

+ Reply to Thread