    Which ICMP ports must be open to be able to receive all possible answers from the target machine ?

    Peter

  2. Re: Sending a "ping": Which (ICMP) ports must be open in firewall to receive answer ?

    On 2007-03-29, Peter Waibel wrote:
    > Which ICMP ports must be open to be able to receive all possible
    >answers from the target machine ?

    echo-request and echo-reply.
    Davide

    --
    one of the best PR accomplishments ever was to make people believe that
    Hitler was German and Beethoven Austrian.

  3. Re: Sending a "ping": Which (ICMP) ports must be open in firewallto receive answer ?

    Hello,

    Davide Bianchi a écrit :
    > On 2007-03-29, Peter Waibel wrote:
    >
    >>Which ICMP ports must be open to be able to receive all possible
    >>answers from the target machine ?

    > echo-request and echo-reply.

    Add the usual destination-unreachable.
    Note : These are ICMP types and codes. There are no ICMP ports.

+ Reply to Thread