question about rsync - Networking

This is a discussion on question about rsync - Networking ; Hi, I have several folders I want to synchronize with rsync. If I run the commands one by one, I need to enter the password for each one. Is there a way I can use a single rsync for all ...

  1. question about rsync

    Hi,

    I have several folders I want to synchronize with rsync. If I run the
    commands one by one, I need to enter the password for each one.
    Is there a way I can use a single rsync for all folders, so that I
    only need to enter the password once?

    Thanks!
    bahoo

  2. Re: question about rsync

    bahoo wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have several folders I want to synchronize with rsync. If I run the
    > commands one by one, I need to enter the password for each one.
    > Is there a way I can use a single rsync for all folders, so that I
    > only need to enter the password once?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > bahoo

    sudo is one way

    man sudo

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  3. Re: question about rsync

    bahoo wrote:
    > I have several folders I want to synchronize with rsync.

    I'm assuming you're referring back to your original post, where you gave
    this example:

    rsync -var -e ssh ~/code myname@xxx.xxx :~/code

    > If I run the commands one by one, I need to enter the password for
    > each one. Is there a way I can use a single rsync for all folders,
    > so that I only need to enter the password once?

    You could try something like this (untested):

    rsync -var -e ssh -R ~/./first ~/./second ~/./third myname@target:

    You might want to use the --dry-run option first.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread