Domain question. - Networking

This is a discussion on Domain question. - Networking ; Group, I am looking for some advice as I am not sure what to serach for in google on what I want to do. Say I have a domain myco.com registerd and it has a website etc. But I would ...

  1. Domain question.

    Group,

    I am looking for some advice as I am not sure what to serach for in google
    on what I want to do.
    Say I have a domain myco.com registerd and it has a website etc. But I
    would also like
    to register myco.ca and when someone goes to myco.ca they will be redirected
    to myco.com

    What do I need to do in dns to make this happen?

    Would the same apply to email as well. Could it be setup such that any
    email sent to me@myco.ca
    would go to me@myco.com?

    Thanks for your help
    Scott.

  2. Re: Domain question.

    Scott wrote:

    > Group,
    >
    > I am looking for some advice as I am not sure what to serach for in google
    > on what I want to do.
    > Say I have a domain myco.com registerd and it has a website etc. But I
    > would also like
    > to register myco.ca and when someone goes to myco.ca they will be
    > redirected to myco.com
    >
    > What do I need to do in dns to make this happen?

    Nothing, do it at the web server

    > Would the same apply to email as well. Could it be setup such that any
    > email sent to me@myco.ca
    > would go to me@myco.com?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    > Scott.

    Use redirects on the webserver (You are using Apache aren't you?)

    You will get better advice if you ask in alt.www.webmaster group

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  3. Re: Domain question.

    Scott wrote:
    > Group,
    >
    > I am looking for some advice as I am not sure what to serach for in google
    > on what I want to do.
    > Say I have a domain myco.com registerd and it has a website etc. But I
    > would also like
    > to register myco.ca and when someone goes to myco.ca they will be redirected
    > to myco.com
    >
    > What do I need to do in dns to make this happen?

    There is ja CNAME record for that.

    > Would the same apply to email as well. Could it be setup such that any
    > email sent to me@myco.ca
    > would go to me@myco.com?

    Just let the MX record point to your Mail-Server

    That's how you do it in Bind, it should be similar in other DNS-Servers:
    http://langfeldt.net/DNS-HOWTO/BIND-8/DNS-HOWTO-5.html

    Cheers,
    Matthias

+ Reply to Thread