Help, i had to find the best proxy to use at work - Networking

This is a discussion on Help, i had to find the best proxy to use at work - Networking ; I have a big network and i had to find the best proxy that i can i use windows (for now), but i had to make a proposal with tow differents ways -windows -linux any advice will be very thankfull ...

  1. Help, i had to find the best proxy to use at work

    I have a big network and i had to find the best proxy that i can
    i use windows (for now), but i had to make a proposal with tow
    differents ways
    -windows
    -linux
    any advice will be very thankfull

    pd: sorry about my english

  2. Re: Help, i had to find the best proxy to use at work

    Leo wrote:
    > I have a big network and i had to find the best proxy that i can
    > i use windows (for now), but i had to make a proposal with tow
    > differents ways
    > -windows
    > -linux
    > any advice will be very thankfull
    >
    > pd: sorry about my english

    squid? I've used it for several years, though only on a home network,
    and it seems to work well. As for Windows, I have no idea.

    Mark Atherton

  3. Re: Help, i had to find the best proxy to use at work

    Mark Atherton wrote:
    > Leo wrote:
    >> I have a big network and i had to find the best proxy that i can
    >> i use windows (for now), but i had to make a proposal with tow
    >> differents ways
    >> -windows
    >> -linux
    >> any advice will be very thankfull
    >>
    >> pd: sorry about my english

    > squid? I've used it for several years, though only on a home network,
    > and it seems to work well. As for Windows, I have no idea.

    For windows, the answer is squid as well. Preferably that means that
    the windows clients access the internet via squid running on Linux, but
    failing that, you can run squid on windows too.

+ Reply to Thread