[sFTP] automatic authentication - Networking

This is a discussion on [sFTP] automatic authentication - Networking ; Hi! Is there a way to automate the login process when working with sftp? In the sense, that username and password don't need to be entered. The username can be entered as part of the adress-toke (user@machine), but how to ...

  1. [sFTP] automatic authentication

    Hi!

    Is there a way to automate the login process when working with sftp?

    In the sense, that username and password don't need to be entered.

    The username can be entered as part of the adress-toke (user@machine),
    but how to bypass the prompt for password, other than having my public
    key uploaded on the targeted machine?

    thanks in advance

    --polemon

    --
    -EOF-

  2. Re: [sFTP] automatic authentication

    On 02/25/2007 01:58 PM, Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:21:04 +0100, polemon
    > wrote:
    >>

    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Is there a way to automate the login process when working with sftp?
    >>
    >> In the sense, that username and password don't need to be entered.
    >>
    >> The username can be entered as part of the adress-toke (user@machine),
    >> but how to bypass the prompt for password, other than having my public
    >> key uploaded on the targeted machine?
    >>

    > What is wrong with using your public key?

    Nothing really wrong with it, i just asked if it's possible, that's all...

    --
    -EOF-

+ Reply to Thread