internal DNS in vpn - Networking

This is a discussion on internal DNS in vpn - Networking ; Hello, my name is Borat Does anyone know, how to setup DNS (bind9) in such way... I want DNS in my intranet, to resolve names of local machines with internal IP's, but also I need to have external dns which ...

  1. internal DNS in vpn

    Hello,
    my name is Borat
    Does anyone know, how to setup DNS (bind9) in such way...
    I want DNS in my intranet, to resolve names of local machines with
    internal IP's, but also I need to have external dns which is holding my
    domain.
    Now I've got one dns server for outside questions about my external
    servers and other zone with my inside machines included (internal IP's).
    But the problem is, that if i `host inside_name.domain.com` i can see in
    return from ouside of the world my internal IP... It's not safe, so I
    wander how to fix that.
    I also have 3 vpn connected with 3 diffrient domains, how to setup dns
    to be able to see machines from different domains ? Is it possible to
    assign one dns to hold whole 3 domains or maybe to is there a way to
    make them work with each other...
    regards,
    borat

  2. Re: internal DNS in vpn

    Piotr wrote:
    > Hello,
    > my name is Borat
    > Does anyone know, how to setup DNS (bind9) in such way...
    > I want DNS in my intranet, to resolve names of local machines with
    > internal IP's, but also I need to have external dns which is holding my
    > domain.
    > Now I've got one dns server for outside questions about my external
    > servers and other zone with my inside machines included (internal IP's).
    > But the problem is, that if i `host inside_name.domain.com` i can see in
    > return from ouside of the world my internal IP... It's not safe, so I
    > wander how to fix that.
    > I also have 3 vpn connected with 3 diffrient domains, how to setup dns
    > to be able to see machines from different domains ? Is it possible to
    > assign one dns to hold whole 3 domains or maybe to is there a way to
    > make them work with each other...
    > regards,
    > borat

    You need to make the DNS for the internal machines definitive for
    the internal domains. If the several domains/vpn's require different
    behavior each will have to have it's own internal DNS with the
    appropriate domains as definitive.

+ Reply to Thread