i-perf report - Networking

This is a discussion on i-perf report - Networking ; Hi, I am using i-perf to pump UDP traffic to our experimental network . I am transmitting data at a speed of 7mbs for 300secs. The link speed is 10mbs. The command I used is : i-perf -u -c -b ...

  1. i-perf report

    Hi,

    I am using i-perf to pump UDP traffic to our experimental network .
    I am transmitting data at a speed of 7mbs for 300secs. The link speed
    is 10mbs. The command I used is :

    i-perf -u -c -b 7m -t 300

    The i-perf server is started at another end (different network)
    using
    i-perf -s -u

    Now when the data transmission is finished , the server sends the
    bandwidth statistics to the client. But when the statistics reaches
    the client , the statistics become doubled .

    Can anybody can put light on this issue ?

    With Thanks

  2. Re: i-perf report

    query.cdac@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am using i-perf to pump UDP traffic to our experimental network .
    > I am transmitting data at a speed of 7mbs for 300secs. The link
    > speed is 10mbs. The command I used is :

    > i-perf -u -c -b 7m -t 300

    > The i-perf server is started at another end (different network)
    > using

    > i-perf -s -u

    > Now when the data transmission is finished , the server sends the
    > bandwidth statistics to the client. But when the statistics reaches
    > the client , the statistics become doubled .

    The bandwidth stats, or just things like the socket buffer sizes?

    As a sanity check, you could try a different tool. I of course would
    suggest netperf

    The bandwidth contraining is a little less direct than iperf, but
    basically:

    ../configure --enable-intervals

    the usual make stuff (don't forget to put the bits on both systems,
    although the "netserver" side doesn't need --enable-intervals)

    then something like

    netserver # on the system to act as netserver - it will daemonize

    netperf -T UDP_STREAM -H -w

+ Reply to Thread