Support of Jumbo frames by NIC - Networking

This is a discussion on Support of Jumbo frames by NIC - Networking ; Hi All, Is there is any command in Linux which will let me know whether my NIC supports Jumbo frame or not ?...

  1. Support of Jumbo frames by NIC

    Hi All,

    Is there is any command in Linux which will let me know
    whether my NIC supports Jumbo frame or not ?

  2. Re: Support of Jumbo frames by NIC

    query.cdac@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there is any command in Linux which will let me know
    > whether my NIC supports Jumbo frame or not ?

    I believe you can get there via ethtool.

    Don't forget that it isn't just your NIC which must support Jumbo
    Frame, all the switches and the other NICs connected to them must
    support Jumbo Frame as well. And they must all agree on what "Jumbo
    Frame" means wrt MTU size. Not all aggree that Jumbo Frame is at
    least 9000 bytes for the MTU.

    rick jones