Global project at the SigEx Foundry - Networking

This is a discussion on Global project at the SigEx Foundry - Networking ; I am doing research on an exciting project which involes a list of linux servers around the world. It's a very exciting project funded by SigEx Ventures who has many advanced projects like this and I am trying to find ...

  1. Global project at the SigEx Foundry

    I am doing research on an exciting project which involes a list of
    linux servers around the world. It's a very exciting project funded
    by
    SigEx Ventures who has many advanced projects like this and I am
    trying to find which linux systems/versions I should be using and
    what
    tools are more appropriate for that. Are there other systems I should
    consider ? I am already working with RH, but I would like to know more
    about the networking/grid type capabilities.

    I am starting here and this is a school, so I am not a professional,
    but would like to learn as much as I can. Anyone can point me to some
    good ressources on the subject ?

    Thanks,

    Gary
    Linux Developer
    Student for the SigEx Foundry
    funded by SigEx Ventures

  2. Re: Global project at the SigEx Foundry

    __/ [ gary@sigex.com ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:47 \__

    > I am doing research on an exciting project which involes a list of
    > linux servers around the world. It's a very exciting project funded
    > by
    > SigEx Ventures who has many advanced projects like this and I am
    > trying to find which linux systems/versions I should be using and
    > what
    > tools are more appropriate for that. Are there other systems I should
    > consider ? I am already working with RH, but I would like to know more
    > about the networking/grid type capabilities.
    >
    > I am starting here and this is a school, so I am not a professional,
    > but would like to learn as much as I can. Anyone can point me to some
    > good ressources on the subject ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gary
    > Linux Developer
    > Student for the SigEx Foundry
    > funded by SigEx Ventures

    Hi,

    There are various distributions that are built with grid in mind.
    ParallelKnoppix, which is a Live CD, for example, is supposed to include
    (some of) the necessary tools. When I worked on processing of large data in
    multiple clusters I just used Fedora Core 3. It does, however, lack some
    out-of-the-box utilities.

    http://www.gridter.com/linx/linux.html

    --
    ~~ With compliments

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
    http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Tasks: 131 total, 2 running, 125 sleeping, 0 stopped, 4 zombie

  3. Re: Global project at the SigEx Foundry

    On Feb 22, 7:43 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > __/ [ g...@sigex.com ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:47 \__
    >

    > > I am doing research on an exciting project which involes a list of
    > > linux servers around the world. It's a very exciting project funded
    > > by
    > >SigExVentures who has many advanced projects like this and I am
    > > trying to find which linux systems/versions I should be using and
    > > what
    > > tools are more appropriate for that. Are there other systems I should
    > > consider ? I am already working with RH, but I would like to know more
    > > about the networking/grid type capabilities.

    > > I am starting here and this is a school, so I am not a professional,
    > > but would like to learn as much as I can. Anyone can point me to some
    > > good ressources on the subject ?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Gary
    > > Linux Developer
    > > Student for theSigExFoundry
    > > funded bySigExVentures

    > Hi,
    >
    > There are various distributions that are built with grid in mind.
    > ParallelKnoppix, which is a Live CD, for example, is supposed to include
    > (some of) the necessary tools. When I worked on processing of large data in
    > multiple clusters I just used Fedora Core 3. It does, however, lack some
    > out-of-the-box utilities.
    >
    > http://www.gridter.com/linx/linux.html
    >
    > --
    > ~~ With compliments
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > Tasks: 131 total, 2 running, 125 sleeping, 0 stopped, 4 zombiehttp://iuron.com- knowledge engine, not a search engine

    Thanks Roy. I'll continue my research and see what I come up with.
    Will post more here of course.

    Gary

+ Reply to Thread