Regarding Policies - Networking

This is a discussion on Regarding Policies - Networking ; Hi, Can I Create a DiffServ Networks Through The Linux Routers.If so How and Please let me know the materials of it.Last but not least is the routers works with policies (i.e.Policies Enable )? Regards DZR...

  1. Regarding Policies

    Hi,

    Can I Create a DiffServ Networks Through The Linux Routers.If so How
    and Please let me know the materials of it.Last but not least is the
    routers works with policies (i.e.Policies Enable )?

    Regards

    DZR

  2. Re: Regarding Policies

    On Feb 21, 11:10 pm, Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 20 Feb 2007 23:03:52 -0800, RAHUL wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Can I Create a DiffServ Networks Through The Linux Routers.If so How
    > > and Please let me know the materials of it.Last but not least is the
    > > routers works with policies (i.e.Policies Enable )?

    > You're posting from Google, why not use it for what it does better:
    >
    > Differentiated Services on Linux
    > Differentiated Services (short: Diffserv) is an architecture for ... One
    > key characteristic of Diffserv is that flows are aggregated in the
    > network, ...
    > diffserv.sourceforge.net/ - 12k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > --
    > Over the years, I've developed my sense of deja vu so acutely that now
    > I can remember things that *have* happened before ...

    Hello to all,

    Thanks Mr.Bill ..Anyhow you are correct one of the key characteristics
    of Differentiated Service architecture is flows are aggregated(On per
    class basis) I want to form a network(Differentiated Architecture
    Service Network) through Linux router and had Load some
    Policies(Rules and Actions) in all the routers so that my network
    become scalable.Can i get the commands regarding how to configure the
    Differentiated services on linux and store my policies in each of such
    machines .Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread