Automotive stack under Linux - Networking

This is a discussion on Automotive stack under Linux - Networking ; Hi all, Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ? Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under Linux ? I need to experiment CAN under Linux. ...

  1. Automotive stack under Linux

    Hi all,

    Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?

    Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under
    Linux ?

    I need to experiment CAN under Linux.

    TIA & BR,

    Alain.

  2. Re: Automotive stack under Linux

    Alain RIBAULT wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?
    >
    > Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under
    > Linux ?
    >
    > I need to experiment CAN under Linux.

    http://www.embeddedarm.com has a CAN bus card for their embedded boxes.
    I don't know if they have a driver.

    --Yan

  3. Re: Automotive stack under Linux

    Alain RIBAULT ha scritto:
    > Hi all,
    > Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?
    > Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under
    > Linux ?
    > I need to experiment CAN under Linux.
    > TIA & BR,

    Alain,
    I suggest you to use SocketCAN, the newest (and the best) CAN technology
    for linux
    http://socketcan.berlios.de/

    http://www.koansoftware.com/it/prd_svil_projects.htm
    ftp://ftp.koansoftware.com/public/li...ocketcan1.diff

    Best regards
    --
    Marco Cavallini
    Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - Italia

  4. Re: Automotive stack under Linux

    On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:59:21 +0100, "Alain RIBAULT"
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?

    If you are referring to low level CANbus, all you need is a device
    driver. For instance the can4linux driver supports a few card types
    and uses a standard open/read/write/select interface.

    The only high level standard automotive protocols I can think of are
    the J1939 engine control protocol and some GPS navigation protocols
    which are built on CAN frames.

    CANbus is also used as the lower level for industrial protocols such
    as CanOpen and DeviceNet.

    Paul

  5. Re: Automotive stack under Linux

    On Feb 20, 4:59 pm, "Alain RIBAULT" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?
    >
    > Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under
    > Linux ?
    >
    > I need to experiment CAN under Linux.

    have a look at these:

    Open Components for Embedded Real-time Applications
    http://www.ocera.org/

    rtcan - realtime CAN on linux
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtcan/

    CanFestival CANopen Framework