Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances? - Networking

This is a discussion on Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances? - Networking ; Is it possible to run multiple instances of the zebra routing software on linux? And is there a way to have those multiple virtual router instances to talk with each other? The goal would be to set up say eight ...

  1. Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances?

    Is it possible to run multiple instances of the zebra routing software
    on linux? And is there a way to have those multiple virtual router
    instances to talk with each other? The goal would be to set up say
    eight instances of zebra on one linux server in order to facilitate
    labbing out OSPF for example.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances?

    On Feb 15, 10:01 pm, "amigan" wrote:
    > Is it possible to run multiple instances of the zebra routing software
    > on linux? And is there a way to have those multiple virtual router
    > instances to talk with each other? The goal would be to set up say
    > eight instances of zebra on one linux server in order to facilitate
    > labbing out OSPF for example.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm almost sure that it could not be used like this. You should try
    some virtualisation instead. For example see this url: http://user-
    mode-linux.sourceforge.net/net.html

+ Reply to Thread