Connecting to the XP compatible wireless hub (or router)? - Networking

This is a discussion on Connecting to the XP compatible wireless hub (or router)? - Networking ; What kind of wireless cards should I buy for the Linux box? I plan to buy a Windows XP compatible wireless hub / or router at home. And, connect my Linux box for internect access. Thanks in advance....

  1. Connecting to the XP compatible wireless hub (or router)?

    What kind of wireless cards should I buy for the Linux box?

    I plan to buy a Windows XP compatible wireless hub / or router at
    home.
    And, connect my Linux box for internect access.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Connecting to the XP compatible wireless hub (or router)?

    On 02/15/2007 06:09 AM, nabi wrote:
    > What kind of wireless cards should I buy for the Linux box?
    >
    > I plan to buy a Windows XP compatible wireless hub / or router at
    > home.
    > And, connect my Linux box for internect access.

    IMHO, must go in for one and only one based, preferably, on Atheros,
    Ralink and, or Intel *chipsets*, that's an ordered recommendation; keep
    in mind that the names, makes and, or models can be misleading here in
    the Linux, Unix and, or FreeBSD world.

    Avoid buying USB adapter and, or cheap cards based on RTL818x crap from
    the worthy Realtek Technologies people; I have been bitten, and you have
    been warned

    Hope that helps
    Anu'z Linux@HOME Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Knoppix/FreeBSD/XP