Hi all!

I'm getting a strange error with ISC dhcp client version 3
(dhclient, also version 2) on debian sarge or ubuntu 6.06. If I create
any simple script on dir /etc/dhclient3/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/, dhcp
client becomes unable to receive lease from server, with below
messages:

---------------------------
root@mobile:~# dhclient eth1
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.4
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/eth1/00:83:08:02:10:7e
Sending on LPF/eth1/00:83:08:02:10:7e
Sending on Socket/fallback
receive_packet failed on eth1: Network is down
DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3
send_packet: Network is down
DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 14
send_packet: Network is down
No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
---------------------------

If I create a dummy one line script as below, all works fine:
----
#!/bin/bash
----

Also, with debug script (that dhcp client installation puts on the
same dir)
works with no error.

Does anyone know what is working? Or have a pointer for the
solution?
I'll apreciate any help.

PS: yes, I tested a lot of times and ways and I'm sure the ethernet
cable
is correctly attached to the nic; the nic driver is rightly installed;
the dhcp
server is _really_ working fine; kernel has support for dhcp; etc... I
really
identified what makes he difference: there is or not a script in the
dir.

Thank you!

Tom Lobato