Linux is using in SOHO Router, does STP supports incase if we need to enable on LAN ports - Networking

This is a discussion on Linux is using in SOHO Router, does STP supports incase if we need to enable on LAN ports - Networking ; This SOHO Router is for regulra small Business use, we need to support STP (Spanning Tree) on LAN ports, Does STP supports part of Linux code, do we need to implement any Link aggregation (each LAN for each PC), I ...

  1. Linux is using in SOHO Router, does STP supports incase if we need to enable on LAN ports

    This SOHO Router is for regulra small Business use, we need to support
    STP (Spanning Tree) on LAN ports, Does STP supports part of Linux
    code, do we need to implement any Link aggregation (each LAN for each
    PC), I am not sure do we need Link aggregation. can somebody through
    some light. Thanks.

    GS

  2. Re: Linux is using in SOHO Router, does STP supports incase if weneed to enable on LAN ports

    GS wrote:

    > This SOHO Router is for regulra small Business use, we need to support
    > STP (Spanning Tree) on LAN ports, Does STP supports part of Linux
    > code, do we need to implement any Link aggregation (each LAN for each
    > PC), I am not sure do we need Link aggregation. can somebody through
    > some light. Thanks.

    When configured for bridging, Linux supports STP.

    Link aggregation is needed only when you need more speed
    between two switches.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi