Newbie question - Networking

This is a discussion on Newbie question - Networking ; I am new both to Linux and the group, so therefore I hope this question has not been posted here before and apologize if it has. I have just installed Xnadros 4.0 Home Premium Edition on my laptop. I have ...

  1. Newbie question

    I am new both to Linux and the group, so therefore I hope this
    question has not been posted here before and apologize if it has.

    I have just installed Xnadros 4.0 Home Premium Edition on my laptop. I
    have a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 card which Xandros does
    not recognize. Dose anyone know of a website which might have proper
    drivers for it? I have tried Google search after Google search to no
    avail.

    Cheers,
    Colin

  2. Re: Newbie question

    CMC wrote:
    > I am new both to Linux and the group, so therefore I hope this
    > question has not been posted here before and apologize if it has.
    >
    > I have just installed Xnadros 4.0 Home Premium Edition on my laptop. I
    > have a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 card which Xandros does
    > not recognize. Dose anyone know of a website which might have proper
    > drivers for it? I have tried Google search after Google search to no
    > avail.

    Did you google
    Linux RBE-100
    ?? (I'm guessing that's the card)

  3. Re: Newbie question

    CMC wrote:
    > I am new both to Linux and the group, so therefore I hope this
    > question has not been posted here before and apologize if it has.
    >
    > I have just installed Xnadros 4.0 Home Premium Edition on my laptop. I
    > have a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 card which Xandros does
    > not recognize. Dose anyone know of a website which might have proper
    > drivers for it? I have tried Google search after Google search to no
    > avail.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Colin

    Did you try your google search using:
    http://www.google.com/linux ?
    I find that shortens my searches a lot and often I see messages
    regarding how to fix the things I am asking for help about.

    --
    Leo in Canada:
    A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

  4. Re: Newbie question

    On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
    article , CMC wrote:

    >I am new both to Linux and the group, so therefore I hope this
    >question has not been posted here before and apologize if it has.

    Well, "Newbie question" as a subject gets posted all the time - and does
    not really indicate what help might be needed. Do try to use a short but
    descriptive subject line - even if it's something like "Xircom Realport
    Cardbus Ethernet not recognized Xandros".

    >I have just installed Xnadros 4.0 Home Premium Edition on my laptop. I
    >have a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 card which Xandros does
    >not recognize.

    What module are you telling the installer to use? Xircom made a number
    of different devices.

    >Dose anyone know of a website which might have proper drivers for it?
    >I have tried Google search after Google search to no avail.

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 14,400 for Linux Xircom Realport Cardbus
    Ethernet 10/100. (0.14 seconds)

    Second hit. Part of the problem is thinking what keywords to use as
    search terms. Often, searching for the manufacturer and model number
    and the word "Linux" will do the trick. Sometimes you can narrow it
    down even further by including the distribution name and version.

    Old guy

  5. Re: Newbie question

    Thanks for the help. I will try google.com/Linux.

    Thanks,
    Colin

+ Reply to Thread