Differences between WRED and RED algorithms - Networking

This is a discussion on Differences between WRED and RED algorithms - Networking ; Hi, Could someone here tell me some info regarding the Differences between the WRED and RED algorithm ? Kindly provide me some links/pdfs. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru...

  1. Differences between WRED and RED algorithms

    Hi,

    Could someone here tell me some info regarding the Differences between
    the WRED and RED algorithm ?
    Kindly provide me some links/pdfs.

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Differences between WRED and RED algorithms

    On Feb 10, 3:54 pm, "karthikbg"
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone here tell me some info regarding the Differences between
    > the WRED and RED algorithm ?
    > Kindly provide me some links/pdfs.
    >
    > Thx in advans,
    > Karthik Balaguru

    Got the answer from a link via google .
    " WRED combines the capabilities of the RED algorithm with IP
    Precedence to provide for preferential traffic handling of higher
    priority packets. WRED can selectively discard lower priority traffic
    when the interface begins to get congested and provide differentiated
    performance characteristics for different classes of service. "

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...3/qcdconav.htm
    ..

    Thx,
    Karthik Balaguru