    some win32 software also?
    I've found Erika, his this good?

  2. Re: VoIP software

    On 2007-02-05 19:21, bcochofel wrote:
    > Hi, I want to know about software for VoIP that can be compatible with
    > some win32 software also?
    > I've found Erika, his this good?

    Ekiga is very good, but there is no windows version, and I can't figure
    out how to make a call to a windows user, or what I can tell them to do to call me.

    You know, you must chose , run windows and keep your friends, or run linux,
    and get other friends.

    Microsoft will never let your old friends talk to you if you don't use windows.

    /birre

  3. Re: VoIP software

    On Feb 13, 4:58 pm, birre wrote:
    > On 2007-02-05 19:21, bcochofel wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I want to know about software for VoIP that can be compatible with
    > > some win32 software also?
    > > I've found Erika, his this good?

    > Ekiga is very good, but there is no windows version, and I can't figure
    > out how to make a call to a windows user, or what I can tell them to do to call me.
    >
    > You know, you must chose , run windows and keep your friends, or run linux,
    > and get other friends.
    >
    > Microsoft will never let your old friends talk to you if you don't use windows.
    >
    > /birre

    Someone told be about asterisk + X-lite (X-lite works under win32 and
    linux). This seems a lot of work in config files but I guess thats the
    next step.

  4. Re: VoIP software

    On 02/13/2007 10:28 PM, birre wrote:
    > On 2007-02-05 19:21, bcochofel wrote:
    >> Hi, I want to know about software for VoIP that can be compatible with
    >> some win32 software also?
    >> I've found Erika, his this good?
    >>

    > Ekiga is very good, but there is no windows version, and I can't figure
    > out how to make a call to a windows user, or what I can tell them to do
    > to call me.

    Hmm, netmeeting; though I have not used it since long.

    > You know, you must chose , run windows and keep your friends, or run linux,
    > and get other friends.
    >
    > Microsoft will never let your old friends talk to you if you don't use
    > windows.

    Try sjphone, although it is a proprietary software, but you may download
    many a versions of it for free, if you don't need video it can be
    handy, even for your palmtops. It's Linux version is running fine under
    Linux compatibility mode on FreeBSD too.

    Anu's Linux@HOME Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix