Only 4 simultaneous socket connections? - Networking

This is a discussion on Only 4 simultaneous socket connections? - Networking ; Hi, I'm using the libevent event library to implement a kind of relay server application in C on Linux. During testing (using http-load) I tried to make 10 simultaenous connections to the relay server. The server only accepts 4 simultaneous ...

  1. Only 4 simultaneous socket connections?

    Hi,

    I'm using the libevent event library to implement a kind of relay server
    application in C on Linux. During testing (using http-load) I tried to
    make 10 simultaenous connections to the relay server. The server only
    accepts 4 simultaneous connections, after which there is a short delay
    before accepting the remaining connections.

    Is there any reason why I would only be able to accept 4 simultaneous
    connections instantly and then have to wait?

    Regards,
    Gerrit Niezen
    Trispen Engineering Solutions

  2. Re: Only 4 simultaneous socket connections?

    On Jan 31, 3:25 am, Gerrit Niezen wrote:

    > Is there any reason why I would only be able to accept 4 simultaneous
    > connections instantly and then have to wait?

    What backlog value did you pass to 'listen'?

    DS

+ Reply to Thread