Netstat says open, nmap says closed - Networking

This is a discussion on Netstat says open, nmap says closed - Networking ; Hi all, in linux we are trying to do ssh -X on a particular machine and the X forwarding doesn't work. After entering with SSH, the port for the X forwarding (e.g. 6010) appears open to the netstat, however trying ...

  1. Netstat says open, nmap says closed

    Hi all,
    in linux we are trying to do ssh -X on a particular machine and the X
    forwarding doesn't work. After entering with SSH, the port for the X
    forwarding (e.g. 6010) appears open to the netstat, however trying to
    telnet to that one refuses the connection like if it was closed. Nmap
    also finds it to be closed. The X forwarding also doesn't work (the X
    clients also find the port to be closed). The iptables firewall is
    stopped. What can that be?

  2. Re: Netstat says open, nmap says closed

    Please ignore the above question: it was a problem on the resolution of
    the name "localhost".

+ Reply to Thread