backhauling - Networking

This is a discussion on backhauling - Networking ; Hi All, Can someone throw some light on the differences between "piggybacking" and "backhauling" ? or are they just two different terms signifying the same thing ? Thanks, Manish....

  1. backhauling

    Hi All,

    Can someone throw some light on the differences between "piggybacking"
    and "backhauling" ? or are they just two different terms signifying
    the same thing ?

    Thanks,
    Manish.

  2. Re: backhauling

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:42:45 -0800, manish wrote:

    > Can someone throw some light on the differences between "piggybacking"
    > and "backhauling" ? or are they just two different terms signifying the
    > same thing ?

    Can you provide some context for how you have encountered, or wish to use,
    each one? These words can have several different shades of meaning
    depending on the context in which they are used.

  3. Re: backhauling

    On Feb 3, 1:55 am, God Bless Texas
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:42:45 -0800, manish wrote:
    > > Can someone throw some light on the differences between "piggybacking"
    > > and "backhauling" ? or are they just two different terms signifying the
    > > same thing ?

    > Can you provide some context for how you have encountered, or wish to use,
    > each one? These words can have several different shades of meaning
    > depending on the context in which they are used.

    Thanks for you reply ....

    I encountered the term "back-hauling" while studying about H.248
    protocol, and while being through it that it is similar to "piggy-
    backing" the Ack message onto some other message. What i was trying to
    ask was that whether the term back-hauling is a synonym to
    piggybacking or something else ...

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread