Network traffic monitoring - Networking

This is a discussion on Network traffic monitoring - Networking ; What is the best way to monitor network traffic? What I would be interested in, at any given time, is to be have a real time picture of how many bytes are being transferred from applications in my Linux box ...

  1. Network traffic monitoring

    What is the best way to monitor network traffic? What I would be
    interested in, at any given time, is to be have a real time picture of how
    many bytes are being transferred from applications in my Linux box to
    external IP addresses, and vice-versa. Is this possible? By the way, by
    "picture" I do not mean a nice drawing, but just the data.

  2. Re: Network traffic monitoring

    nload, ntop

    --
    Denis Perisa [DARKMAN]