Hi,

Via a ppp network interface I've created a tunnel with an other server.
But once in a while this interface goes down (ADSL, maintainance...)

After this the tunnel becomes inactive and won't be restored unless
removed and re-set.

ip tunnel show, shows:
root@server01:~# ip tunnel
tunl0: ip/ip remote any local any ttl inherit nopmtudisc
gre0: gre/ip remote any local any ttl inherit nopmtudisc
sit0: ipv6/ip remote any local any ttl 64 nopmtudisc
tun0: ip/ip remote %remoteip% local %myip% dev ppp0 ttl inherit

After ppp0 has gone down this command show the same but without dev ppp0.

How can make I a tunnel which prevents going down if the main interface
has gone down (It always comes back as ppp0)

Regards,

Frank deBot