Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly - Networking

This is a discussion on Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly - Networking ; Hello, I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing http and https, here's my config: NameVirtualHost *:80 DocumentRoot "/usr/share/squirrelmail" ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log SSLEngine on SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL v2:+EXP SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt SSLOptions +StdEnvVars ...

  1. Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    Hello,

    I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    http and https, here's my config:

    NameVirtualHost *:80

    DocumentRoot "/usr/share/squirrelmail"
    ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
    TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCipherSuite
    ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL v2:+EXP
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt

    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
    nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
    downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
    "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

    DocumentRoot "/usr/share/timeclock"
    ServerName timeclock.blahblah.com:80

    When I go to http://timeclock.blahblah.com I don't get directed to
    /usr/share/timeclock, instead I get the Apache test page. I checked
    permissions on the folder and files and they are fine. Any idea why
    this isn't working correctly?

  2. Re: Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    Ninjak on FW wrote:

    > I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    > http and https, here's my config:
    >
    > NameVirtualHost *:80

    This directive forces the server to handle virtual hosts on port 80 only.

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  3. Re: Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    Ninjak on FW a écrit :
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    > http and https, here's my config:
    >
    > NameVirtualHost *:80
    >

    > DocumentRoot "/usr/share/squirrelmail"
    > ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
    > TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
    > SSLEngine on
    > SSLCipherSuite
    > ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL v2:+EXP
    > SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
    > SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
    > SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt
    >
    > SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    >

    > SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    >

    > SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
    > nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
    > downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    > CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
    > "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
    >

    > DocumentRoot "/usr/share/timeclock"
    > ServerName timeclock.blahblah.com:80
    >

    > When I go to http://timeclock.blahblah.com I don't get directed to
    > /usr/share/timeclock, instead I get the Apache test page. I checked
    > permissions on the folder and files and they are fine. Any idea why
    > this isn't working correctly?

    check your server name, I would put
    ServerName timeclock.blahblah.com
    myself.

    you're probably getting the test page because no virtual host
    servernames match.
    Check that you are suing an HTTP/1.1 compliant user agent as well - you
    must send the host name along too for apache to be able to match it.

  4. Re: Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    Giovanni wrote:
    > Ninjak on FW wrote:
    >
    > > I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    > > http and https, here's my config:
    > >
    > > NameVirtualHost *:80

    > This directive forces the server to handle virtual hosts on port 80 only.

    In any case, port 443 is ssl http, and thus the url would have to start
    with https:// not http:// as the OP had presented.

    --
    Lew

  5. Re: Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    Ninjak on FW wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    > http and https, here's my config:
    >
    > NameVirtualHost *:80

    I hope you understand that SSL does not support virtual hosts.....

    --
    Phil Frisbie, Jr.
    Hawk Software

  6. Re: Apache virtual hosts not resolving correctly

    "Ninjak on FW" wrote in news:1168535912.432404.37390@
    77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having a problem with my Apache virtual hosts config. I'm mixing
    > http and https, here's my config:
    >
    > NameVirtualHost *:80
    >

    > DocumentRoot "/usr/share/squirrelmail"
    > ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
    > TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
    > SSLEngine on
    > SSLCipherSuite
    > ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL v2:+EXP
    > SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
    > SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
    > SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt
    >
    > SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    >

    > SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    >

    > SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
    > nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
    > downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    > CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
    > "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
    >

    > DocumentRoot "/usr/share/timeclock"
    > ServerName timeclock.blahblah.com:80
    >

    > When I go to http://timeclock.blahblah.com I don't get directed to
    > /usr/share/timeclock, instead I get the Apache test page. I checked
    > permissions on the folder and files and they are fine. Any idea why
    > this isn't working correctly?

    Try this....

    NameVirtualHost *

    DocumentRoot "/usr/share/timeclock"
    ServerName timeclock.blahblah.com

    And you still need a ServerName in your SSL vhost container.