Linux IPTables tutorial pdfs and plain text available - Networking

This is a discussion on Linux IPTables tutorial pdfs and plain text available - Networking ; I posted a while back notice about an IPTables tutorial series which goes from nothing to EVERYTHING.I had a conversation with old guy back then and as per request I would like to announce the fact that PDF versions of ...

  1. Linux IPTables tutorial pdfs and plain text available

    I posted a while back notice about an IPTables tutorial series which goes from nothing to EVERYTHING.I had a conversation with old guy back then and as per request I would like to announce the fact that PDF versions of each part and also plain text archives (for easy searching) are available for download and since I plan on writing more of there (I think noone really explains all aspects of IPTables), all further parts will be available as PDF/TXT immediately.If you want to check the newest part (IPTABLES Part 4: IPTAbles and Portsentry, the dynamic duo) and the others online, I made an index so I don't have to post all the URLS:http://blog.2blocksaway.com/2007/01/...-firewalls/and if you want to go straight to the PDF/TXT's (this is also where the scripts for PART 4 are located at):http://blog.2blocksaway.com/downloads/I know the texts are far from perfect, however I have to mention that English is not my first language, it isn't even my second.As usual, comments and constructive criticism are welcome.//Flosse

  2. Re: Linux IPTables tutorial pdfs and plain text available

    "Flosse " wrote in

    > I posted a while back notice about an IPTables tutorial series
    > which goes from nothing to EVERYTHING. I had a conversation with
    > old guy back then and as per request I would like to announce the
    > fact that PDF versions of each part and also plain text archives
    > (for easy searching) are available for download and since I plan
    > on writing more of there (I think noone really explains all
    > aspects of IPTables), all further parts will be available as
    > PDF/TXT immediately.

    [...]

    Thank you! I've started reading through the IPTables tutorial. I'm
    impressed with the clarity of your explainations. Just exactly what is
    needed for/by one who is not-quite-a-nOOb with Linux.

    --
    Cheers,
    Kurt

+ Reply to Thread