Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software - Networking

This is a discussion on Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software - Networking ; On 2006-12-31, Menno Duursma wrote: > On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:03:52 -0800, maxchock wrote: > >> I understand the idea of using PXE but i'm not clear what program >> should i use on server and client. >> >> ...

  1. Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software

    On 2006-12-31, Menno Duursma wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:03:52 -0800, maxchock wrote:
    >
    >> I understand the idea of using PXE but i'm not clear what program
    >> should i use on server and client.
    >>
    >> Can anybody point me out some ideas??

    > Have a look at the SystemImager:
    > http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/systemimager/
    >
    > Or use like Kickstart to bootstrap Cfengine:
    > http://sial.org/howto/kickstart/
    >
    > -Menno.

    Hi,
    i'm using FAI (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/) for
    multiple installation's.
    FAI ist for Debian.

    Greetings Rainer

  2. Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software

    I need to use windows XP for the client pc... since their purpose is
    mainly for games. FAI is only for Debian Linux right??

    Thanks.

    Max.

    On Jan 6, 4:03 am, Rainer Fleischhacker
    wrote:
    > On 2006-12-31, Menno Duursma wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:03:52 -0800, maxchock wrote:

    > >> I understand the idea of using PXE but i'm not clear what program
    > >> should i use on server and client.

    > >> Can anybody point me out some ideas??

    > > Have a look at the SystemImager:
    > >http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/systemimager/

    > > Or use like Kickstart to bootstrap Cfengine:
    > >http://sial.org/howto/kickstart/

    > > -Menno.Hi,

    > i'm using FAI (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/) for
    > multiple installation's.