IPERF - CRC or Compare validation? - Networking

This is a discussion on IPERF - CRC or Compare validation? - Networking ; I understand that IPerf is primarily a stress / performance tool, but does anyone know if IPerf does any CRC or file compare validation on the the data that it sends and receives? Could not find any reference to data ...

  1. IPERF - CRC or Compare validation?

    I understand that IPerf is primarily a stress / performance tool, but
    does anyone know if IPerf does any CRC or file compare validation on
    the the data that it sends and receives? Could not find any reference
    to data integrity capabilities from MAN pages / web searches.

    Thanks
    ChrisA

  2. Re: IPERF - CRC or Compare validation?

    ChrisA wrote:
    > I understand that IPerf is primarily a stress / performance tool,
    > but does anyone know if IPerf does any CRC or file compare
    > validation on the the data that it sends and receives? Could not
    > find any reference to data integrity capabilities from MAN pages /
    > web searches.

    That would seem to imply that it does not, which makes sense for
    something only really meant for benchmarking not functional
    correctness testing. Similarly, there is no such functionality in
    netperf - the closest would be the ability to specify that the buffers
    sent are filled with data from a specific file - but netperf does not
    verify that those contents were received.

    rick jones