IPsec question in vista - Network

This is a discussion on IPsec question in vista - Network ; Hi! I have a question in vista. I am trying to set up IPsec policy on vista to create a VPN connection. I had seted up IPsec policy on WinXP successfully. But that same set up on vista, result is ...

  1. IPsec question in vista

    Hi! I have a question in vista. I am trying to set up IPsec policy on vista
    to create a VPN connection.

    I had seted up IPsec policy on WinXP successfully.
    But that same set up on vista, result is failure.

    I had tried to create a tunnel on windows firewall.

    I try to ping the node in the VPN but it reply Negotiating IP Security.
    What's the problem?
    Thanks.

    Leo.

  2. Re: IPsec question in vista

    You are getting that message because ICMP is not exempted from IPsec. If you
    are in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, make sure the setting to
    'Exempt ICMP from IPsec' is set to Yes.

    From that point, you shoudl be able to use PING.exe without any limitations.
    If there are other connectivity issues those need to be handled separately.
    If you are still having issues we'd need more details on the policy config
    and any explicit error messages etc.

    Jason

    "Leo_Wang" wrote in message
    > Hi! I have a question in vista. I am trying to set up IPsec policy on
    > vista to create a VPN connection.
    >
    > I had seted up IPsec policy on WinXP successfully.
    > But that same set up on vista, result is failure.
    >
    > I had tried to create a tunnel on windows firewall.
    >
    > I try to ping the node in the VPN but it reply Negotiating IP Security.
    > What's the problem?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Leo.

+ Reply to Thread