IpSec question - Network

This is a discussion on IpSec question - Network ; In my environment there is IPSec already installed . I want to install another layer of IPSec on the some particular port .As i don't want to existing IPSec policies , is it possible to have encryption twice on the ...

  1. IpSec question

    In my environment there is IPSec already installed . I want to install
    another layer of IPSec on the some particular port .As i don't want to
    existing IPSec policies , is it possible to have encryption twice on
    the same port.

    Even if some programming is required for the same it is perfectly fine
    for us.

    Please let me know multiple chaining of encryption is support in
    windows XP or not.

    I have one more question. Does IPSec works with NAT.

    Thanks

  2. Re: IpSec question

    The question re: IPsec for traffic on the same port in my mind depends on
    how you have implemented your policies.

    Do you have IPsec active based on Windows policies and if so are you using
    tunnel or transport mode policies?
    Also what is the scenario for the port use? Is it generated by a second
    session initiated from a client that has already connected and established
    an escapsulated session or is the traffic from a different client?

    Re: IPsec over NAT. Yes, as long as ESP is the protocol used to escapsulate
    the traffic in Quick Mode. AH does not support NAT Traversal. In Windows
    you have to enable the functionality through a reg key though:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885407/en-us

    Jason

    wrote in message
    news:1175439542.212360.144500@y66g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com...
    > In my environment there is IPSec already installed . I want to install
    > another layer of IPSec on the some particular port .As i don't want to
    > existing IPSec policies , is it possible to have encryption twice on
    > the same port.
    >

    > Even if some programming is required for the same it is perfectly fine
    > for us.
    >
    > Please let me know multiple chaining of encryption is support in
    > windows XP or not.
    >

    > I have one more question. Does IPSec works with NAT.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread