Descriptions of IPSec APIs for XP and Vista and Server 2003 - Network

This is a discussion on Descriptions of IPSec APIs for XP and Vista and Server 2003 - Network ; If I'm writing my own VPN, how do I talk directly to the native Windows IPSec service and/or driver? I have seen a list of RPC interfaces, but can't find any detail on how to use them....

  1. Descriptions of IPSec APIs for XP and Vista and Server 2003

    If I'm writing my own VPN, how do I talk directly to the native
    Windows IPSec service and/or driver? I have seen a list of RPC
    interfaces, but can't find any detail on how to use them.

  2. Re: Descriptions of IPSec APIs for XP and Vista and Server 2003

    XP/Win2k3 has no public apis.
    Vista has some public apis with the Windows Filtering Platform.
    How complex of a VPN are you writting? It's possible that you could be very
    succesful simply by dynamically plumbing ipsec policies through the
    command-line utilities.

    --
    David
    Microsoft Windows Networking

    wrote in message
    news:1173307616.781050.136810@n33g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > If I'm writing my own VPN, how do I talk directly to the native
    > Windows IPSec service and/or driver? I have seen a list of RPC
    > interfaces, but can't find any detail on how to use them.

+ Reply to Thread