RAS VPN On windows 2000 server - Network

This is a discussion on RAS VPN On windows 2000 server - Network ; Hi, there, I am going to setup RAS on windows 2000 server to allow the XP client can VPN to the remote network. All my server in the same LAN and connection to the same swich and from there it ...

  1. RAS VPN On windows 2000 server

    Hi, there,
    I am going to setup RAS on windows 2000 server to allow the XP client can
    VPN to the remote network.

    All my server in the same LAN and connection to the same swich and from
    there it connect to company firewall box.

    All the servers in the same work group, no domain environment.

    The server I was trying to setup as RAS server has only one NIC card with
    static LAN IP. Mapped pubilic IP for this server was configured on the
    firewall and allow tcp 1723 and udp 47 traffic to pass though for this server.

    Follow Ms document and enable the routing and remote access from
    adminsitrator tools and configured as Remote acess server. and allow
    adminsitrator acc to logon.

    However, I setup the vpn network from my xp machine, when I tried to setup
    the VPN to the server with the public IP I configured, I got ' error 721 ,
    the remote computer did not respond'.

    Can any one help to point out where I am wrong?

    Many thanks for any advice.

    Best regards
    shermaine

  2. Re: RAS VPN On windows 2000 server

    Assuming you use PPTP. GRE is not UDP 47, itīs Protocol 47

    Johan Engdahl
    CCSA, CCSE, CCA, MCP | johan AT firewall1 DOT nu | http://www.firewall1.nu

    "xiaomei" wrote in message
    > Hi, there,
    > I am going to setup RAS on windows 2000 server to allow the XP client can
    > VPN to the remote network.
    >
    > All my server in the same LAN and connection to the same swich and from
    > there it connect to company firewall box.
    >
    > All the servers in the same work group, no domain environment.
    >
    > The server I was trying to setup as RAS server has only one NIC card with
    > static LAN IP. Mapped pubilic IP for this server was configured on the
    > firewall and allow tcp 1723 and udp 47 traffic to pass though for this
    > server.
    >
    > Follow Ms document and enable the routing and remote access from
    > adminsitrator tools and configured as Remote acess server. and allow
    > adminsitrator acc to logon.
    >
    > However, I setup the vpn network from my xp machine, when I tried to setup
    > the VPN to the server with the public IP I configured, I got ' error 721 ,
    > the remote computer did not respond'.
    >
    > Can any one help to point out where I am wrong?
    >
    > Many thanks for any advice.
    >
    > Best regards
    > shermaine

+ Reply to Thread