Setting up a windows server as IPSec/L2TP VPN endpoint - Whitepape - Network

This is a discussion on Setting up a windows server as IPSec/L2TP VPN endpoint - Whitepape - Network ; Does anybody have a whitepaper explaining how to setup a windows 2003 server IPSec/L2TP VPN for connections from windows XP systems. I can't find a good white paper for this. Thanks...

  1. Setting up a windows server as IPSec/L2TP VPN endpoint - Whitepape

    Does anybody have a whitepaper explaining how to setup a windows 2003 server
    IPSec/L2TP VPN for connections from windows XP systems. I can't find a good
    white paper for this.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Setting up a windows server as IPSec/L2TP VPN endpoint - Whitepape

    The link below has several papers on VPN including setting up L2TP. A
    Certificate Authority will need to be part of the plan and Group Policy can
    help automate distribution of needed computer certificates. At least for
    when computers are connected to the domain. The second link in particular
    should be very useful to you and info in the third link is important to know
    for L2TP including the use of NAT devices in the path.

    Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net...n/default.mspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818043

    "Tom" wrote in message
    > Does anybody have a whitepaper explaining how to setup a windows 2003
    > server
    > IPSec/L2TP VPN for connections from windows XP systems. I can't find a
    > good
    > white paper for this.
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread