ipsec routing - Network

This is a discussion on ipsec routing - Network ; Hello, I setup a site to site (LAN-A---->WAN---->LAN-B) ipsec tunneling between a zyxel modem (LAN-A)and windows 2000 server (LAN-B) (gateway), i can ping from a machine behind the zyxel to the windows 2000 internal ip and all the things are ...

  1. ipsec routing

    Hello,
    I setup a site to site (LAN-A---->WAN---->LAN-B) ipsec tunneling between a
    zyxel modem (LAN-A)and windows 2000 server (LAN-B) (gateway), i can ping
    from a machine behind the zyxel to the windows 2000 internal ip and all the
    things are ok..
    My problem is: i can not ping another host in the LAN-B

    Meanwhile, when i ping the another host ip address to initilaize the
    tunel , the tunel is constructed.
    Using "Netwok Monitor" i notice that ping packets arrive to LAN B gateway
    but not routed targeted host.

    RRAS server installed on the gateway machine of LAN B as a router.
    Any suggestion will be appeciated.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: ipsec routing

    Hi fellas,
    I found it
    The trick is : add route for LAN A to which host to be accessed in LAN B.

    wish it helps to somebody who strugles in same situation.

    "Faitin" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I setup a site to site (LAN-A---->WAN---->LAN-B) ipsec tunneling between

    > zyxel modem (LAN-A)and windows 2000 server (LAN-B) (gateway), i can ping
    > from a machine behind the zyxel to the windows 2000 internal ip and all

    the
    > things are ok..
    > My problem is: i can not ping another host in the LAN-B
    >
    > Meanwhile, when i ping the another host ip address to initilaize the
    > tunel , the tunel is constructed.
    > Using "Netwok Monitor" i notice that ping packets arrive to LAN B gateway
    > but not routed targeted host.
    >
    > RRAS server installed on the gateway machine of LAN B as a router.
    > Any suggestion will be appeciated.
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread