Urgent! How to check the incoming and outgoing bandwidth! Please help - Network

This is a discussion on Urgent! How to check the incoming and outgoing bandwidth! Please help - Network ; We have installed few servers in data center. These servers are DNS servers, mail servers and web servers. Everything was fine for few years. But I received a warning from data center today and said that the overseas bandwidth has ...

  1. Urgent! How to check the incoming and outgoing bandwidth! Please help

    We have installed few servers in data center. These servers are DNS
    servers, mail servers and web servers. Everything was fine for few years.
    But I received a warning from data center today and said that the overseas
    bandwidth has reached 6Mps in these few months which is exceeding of our
    entitled bandwidth level. They are asking for a lot of money for the
    overuse bandwidth. It is crazy. The additional cost is 5 times more than
    the normal subscription fee.

    I am wondering if our servers are being hacked or there may be some
    abnormality at our servers. I would like to know how can we checked the
    following data:

    1) The income and outgoing bandwidth of each server
    2) The bandwidth usage for overseas
    3) Which IP uses the most bandwidth
    4) Which application in the server uses the most bandwidth
    5) What Port uses the most bandwidth

    Is there any software or method that can provide me more data to find out
    what the problem is or how to solve it?

    Please kindly advise us how to figure out the problem and solve this
    problem. Our data center has given us the deadline to solve it in 5 days.

    Please Please Please.

    Chris

  2. Re: Urgent! How to check the incoming and outgoing bandwidth! Please help

    No. We don't have SMTP service for this servers. Is there any port that
    may cause hacked most possbably?

    Chris

    "Chris" glsD:Oq2w0%23yrGHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx .gbl...
    > We have installed few servers in data center. These servers are DNS
    > servers, mail servers and web servers. Everything was fine for few years.
    > But I received a warning from data center today and said that the
    > overseas
    > bandwidth has reached 6Mps in these few months which is exceeding of our
    > entitled bandwidth level. They are asking for a lot of money for the
    > overuse bandwidth. It is crazy. The additional cost is 5 times more than
    > the normal subscription fee.
    >
    > I am wondering if our servers are being hacked or there may be some
    > abnormality at our servers. I would like to know how can we checked the
    > following data:
    >
    > 1) The income and outgoing bandwidth of each server
    > 2) The bandwidth usage for overseas
    > 3) Which IP uses the most bandwidth
    > 4) Which application in the server uses the most bandwidth
    > 5) What Port uses the most bandwidth
    >
    > Is there any software or method that can provide me more data to find out
    > what the problem is or how to solve it?
    >
    > Please kindly advise us how to figure out the problem and solve this
    > problem. Our data center has given us the deadline to solve it in 5 days.
    >
    > Please Please Please.
    >
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread