IPSEC Services - Network

This is a discussion on IPSEC Services - Network ; I am running WinXP, Home, SP2 with all of the latest critical updates. I connect to the internet using an adsl modem and am not connected to any other network. During bootup, Event Viewer shows an error which states; "The ...

  1. IPSEC Services

    I am running WinXP, Home, SP2 with all of the latest critical updates. I
    connect to the internet using an adsl modem and am not connected to any
    other network.

    During bootup, Event Viewer shows an error which states;

    "The IPSEC Services terminated with the error: The authentication service is
    unknown."

    If I try to manually start the IPSEC Services from Services I get the error;

    "Count not start the IPSEC Services service on Local Computer. Error 1747:
    The authentication service is unknown."

    Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if it needs to be fixed.

  2. Re: IPSEC Services

    I have found out the answer to my own question. The error has been fixed by
    installing Client for Microsoft Networks under my dialup properties,
    although I don't actually need to use it to establish a connection.

    "Daz" wrote in message
    >I am running WinXP, Home, SP2 with all of the latest critical updates. I
    >connect to the internet using an adsl modem and am not connected to any
    >other network.
    >
    > During bootup, Event Viewer shows an error which states;
    >
    > "The IPSEC Services terminated with the error: The authentication service
    > is unknown."
    >
    > If I try to manually start the IPSEC Services from Services I get the
    > error;
    >
    > "Count not start the IPSEC Services service on Local Computer. Error 1747:
    > The authentication service is unknown."
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if it needs to be fixed.

+ Reply to Thread