Certificates services - Network

This is a discussion on Certificates services - Network ; Hi all I try to setup a PKI to issue certificates for L2TP/IPSec. (w2k3 sp1) I want to be mailed when events happen. So I first want to use certutil -setreg exit\smtp\smtpserver myserver When I issue this command I get ...

  1. Certificates services

    Hi all
    I try to setup a PKI to issue certificates for L2TP/IPSec. (w2k3 sp1)
    I want to be mailed when events happen.
    So I first want to use certutil -setreg exit\smtp\smtpserver myserver
    When I issue this command I get this error:
    Certutil : -setreg command failure (roughly translated from french)
    Certutil : specified file not found (roughly...)
    I checked hklm\system\ccs\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\My
    CA\ExitModules\CertificateAuthority_MicrosoftDefau lt.Exit : that key only
    hosts 2 values but no sub-keys like SMTP or SMTP\CRLIssued or SMTP\Denied etc
    unlike on my test server(w2k3 w/o SP). Furthermore I found I miss some tabs
    on the CA properties dialog (KRA tab and Certificates managers restrictions
    tab)... Any help would enjoy myself
    thanks

    Fabrice

  2. Re: Certificates services

    The Microsoft.public.security.crypto newsgroup would be a better place to
    post your question. One reason you might not see a couple tabs because you
    did not install your CA on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition which will
    allow the CA to have more features than if installed on Windows 2003 Server
    Standard. --- Steve

    "vraq" wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I try to setup a PKI to issue certificates for L2TP/IPSec. (w2k3 sp1)
    > I want to be mailed when events happen.
    > So I first want to use certutil -setreg exit\smtp\smtpserver myserver
    > When I issue this command I get this error:
    > Certutil : -setreg command failure (roughly translated from french)
    > Certutil : specified file not found (roughly...)
    > I checked hklm\system\ccs\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\My
    > CA\ExitModules\CertificateAuthority_MicrosoftDefau lt.Exit : that key only
    > hosts 2 values but no sub-keys like SMTP or SMTP\CRLIssued or SMTP\Denied
    > etc
    > unlike on my test server(w2k3 w/o SP). Furthermore I found I miss some
    > tabs
    > on the CA properties dialog (KRA tab and Certificates managers
    > restrictions
    > tab)... Any help would enjoy myself
    > thanks
    >
    > Fabrice

  3. Re: Certificates services

    THank you Steve. That's true: my ca runs on w2k3 std, not entreprise.
    I post my other questions on ms.pub.sec.crypt ng

    "Steven L Umbach" wrote:

    > The Microsoft.public.security.crypto newsgroup would be a better place to
    > post your question. One reason you might not see a couple tabs because you
    > did not install your CA on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition which will
    > allow the CA to have more features than if installed on Windows 2003 Server
    > Standard. --- Steve
    >
    > "vraq" wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > > I try to setup a PKI to issue certificates for L2TP/IPSec. (w2k3 sp1)
    > > I want to be mailed when events happen.
    > > So I first want to use certutil -setreg exit\smtp\smtpserver myserver
    > > When I issue this command I get this error:
    > > Certutil : -setreg command failure (roughly translated from french)
    > > Certutil : specified file not found (roughly...)
    > > I checked hklm\system\ccs\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\My
    > > CA\ExitModules\CertificateAuthority_MicrosoftDefau lt.Exit : that key only
    > > hosts 2 values but no sub-keys like SMTP or SMTP\CRLIssued or SMTP\Denied
    > > etc
    > > unlike on my test server(w2k3 w/o SP). Furthermore I found I miss some
    > > tabs
    > > on the CA properties dialog (KRA tab and Certificates managers
    > > restrictions
    > > tab)... Any help would enjoy myself
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Fabrice