Un-Assigning IPSec Policy wehn laptop is out of the office - Network

This is a discussion on Un-Assigning IPSec Policy wehn laptop is out of the office - Network ; Hi, I am trying to find a way to un-apply IPSec policies to a Laptop computer when the computer is not logged into the corporate network. When the user is logged into the laptop on the intranet, I want the ...

  1. Un-Assigning IPSec Policy wehn laptop is out of the office

    Hi,

    I am trying to find a way to un-apply IPSec policies to a Laptop computer
    when the computer is not logged into the corporate network.

    When the user is logged into the laptop on the intranet, I want the IPSec
    policy to apply. When the user takes the laptop home and logs in, I do not
    want the IPSec policy to apply.

    Is this possible?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Un-Assigning IPSec Policy wehn laptop is out of the office

    If it is domain level ipsec policy then it will apply all the time. If it is
    a local ipsec policy and the user is a local administrator then the user
    could un assign the ipsec policy though that generally is not a desirable
    scenario. For Windows XP Pro you can use Group Policy to have different
    firewall configurations based on if the computer is connected to the domain
    or not with configuration of domain and standard profile. Otherwise you may
    need to configure your ipsec policy in such a way so that it possibly could
    work in all situations for the laptop user such as using request/client
    ipsec policy instead of require or otherwise modifying an ipsec filtering
    policy. If you could explain more on exactly what you are trying to
    accomplish with your ipsec policy and what access a user needs when in and
    out of the network/domain maybe someone could help. --- Steve

    "jvanhorn5051" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to un-apply IPSec policies to a Laptop computer
    > when the computer is not logged into the corporate network.
    >
    > When the user is logged into the laptop on the intranet, I want the IPSec
    > policy to apply. When the user takes the laptop home and logs in, I do
    > not
    > want the IPSec policy to apply.
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks,