LAN causes PC shutdown - Network

This is a discussion on LAN causes PC shutdown - Network ; I have just replaced motherboard & processor Mobo = ECS Elite K8M800-M2 Everything works fine ntil....I try to connect the LAN. I insert the ethernet cable and start the PC, all runs ok for a few minutes - or until ...

  1. LAN causes PC shutdown

    I have just replaced motherboard & processor
    Mobo = ECS Elite K8M800-M2

    Everything works fine ntil....I try to connect the LAN.

    I insert the ethernet cable and start the PC, all runs ok for a few
    minutes - or until I try to open IE - then the computer just shuts down - no
    freezing, no blue screen, just shutdown.

    Whatsmore, I have to wait 5-10 mins before it will start again, hitting the
    on button before then results in nothing whatsoever.

    If I take the ethernet cable out and re-start, everything works OK

    Any ideas anyone?????

    Ron

  2. Re: LAN causes PC shutdown

    This newsgroup is for posting questions about using ipsec to secure your
    network traffic so you would be better off posting in a Windows general or
    hardware newsgroup. Having said that I would try booting into Safe Mode with
    networking to see if it makes a difference, installing the latest drivers
    for the network adapter, moving the network adapter to a different PCI slot
    [assuming it is not built in] , or try installing a different network card
    ideally not the same kind you are using now if the problem is with a PCI
    network card. Also use Event Viewer to look in the logs to see if anything
    is reported that may give a clue. I would also try plugging your network
    adapter into a different port on the switch and a different network cable
    before trying a different network adapter. See if it happens using network
    commands like ping or tracert to an internet IP address, a different
    internet browser like Firefox, or only when you use Internet Explorer. ---
    Steve

    "Ron O'Brien" wrote in message
    >I have just replaced motherboard & processor
    > Mobo = ECS Elite K8M800-M2
    >
    > Everything works fine ntil....I try to connect the LAN.
    >
    > I insert the ethernet cable and start the PC, all runs ok for a few
    > minutes - or until I try to open IE - then the computer just shuts down -
    > no freezing, no blue screen, just shutdown.
    >
    > Whatsmore, I have to wait 5-10 mins before it will start again, hitting
    > the on button before then results in nothing whatsoever.
    >
    > If I take the ethernet cable out and re-start, everything works OK
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?????
    >

    > Ron

+ Reply to Thread